Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chicago this time

Here I am, in Chicago Illinois! Not too long ago, I was making my way here from the west coast of Canada. For the past year I've been living in Vancouver, and loving it. I sold everything I had worth selling in order to secure rent for a few months, and a one way ticket to get there. Here I am, a year later, with a heart full of beautiful memories and a whole new outlook on life. I learned a lot while in Vancouver, mostly from living with eleven other people in one house. Yeah, eleven other people. It was like a reality tv show there for a while- you can ask any one of them and they would agree! But you know, as the year progressed, we learned to mesh our eclectic souls together and by the time we said our goodbyes, we didn't see each others differences, but each others hearts.

I was living "by faith" while I was in Canada. It was scary, not knowing if I was going to be making the next month's rent or not. If I didn't make rent, then I would be going home, which I didn't have money for the plane ticket either! No worries- I came to know the God of provision while I was there. Thankfully, someone anonymously paid for 6 months of rent and the rest of the year school tuition. Oh yeah- I was going to Vancouver for an internship to begin with! That's how this all started actually.... Spring 2010 I took a road trip with my family to California and we ended up following the coast heading north into Vancouver for my sister's graduation. You see, she attended the internship that year, that's how I met everyone to begin with. So we go to her graduation and I met all of these new, awesome people. They seemed different, honestly. But I knew I wanted what they had- even though I didn't know how to pin-down exactly what they had. There was just something about them. They were lively, attentive, free. I knew that was just a few of the qualities they possessed. I needed to know more about the internship, I needed whatever the interns had.


After staying a few days in Vancouver, we headed back to Arkansas where our 28 day road trip ended. My journey just began though. Throughout the Summer I explored several options for the Fall, I needed something new, a change in my life. This internship with Streams Ministries seemed to, in a way, haunt me. I had literal dreams about going to the school. Which is funny, because one of the courses they offer is in dream interpretation. Well, my sister interpreted the dreams and whadya know, it was pretty clear that I was supposed to attend the school! I didn't think I could though, because I had recent cosmetology school loans that I still needed to pay off. In one day, I found out that I wasn't in debt any longer and I was advised to fill out the Streams internship forms!

My life changed that September as I began the internship. I had no clue what was waiting for me, but now, being at the end of the year, I can now say that it was worth it. All of it, was worth it.

Chicago is my next adventure... here we go! This blog is about m'life. My memories, my thoughts, my inspirations, epic fails, goals, current nail polish fetish, you know, it's my interactive journal. Welcome:)



1 comment: