Saturday, September 24, 2011

foreigner.

I remember coming back into the States with the feeling of being a foreigner. Yes, a foreigner. I think I left my heart in Canada.

Even now, being back in Arkansas (for the time being) I still have this wondering, unsettled feeling. I try to talk myself through this turmoil within, telling myself that I'm back where my roots grow deep, and all should be well again. But for some reason, I cannot find rest even still.

It has been such a delight to spend time with my wonderful family and beautiful friends these past two weeks. Now that I've caught up with my dear peoples, I still have a hunger for more of the open road. Is something wrong with me? I often wonder why cannot stay still, work a 9-5, have my own place, and simply be happy. I suppose I'll have to work for a bit at least, then hit the road again. Yes, Still searching.



1 comment: